The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Full backup/restore question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mrote, Jul 17, 2004.

1. mrote

mrote Registered

I am in the process of configuring my first Cpanel server and creting a disaster recovery procedure and am a bit confused on a backup/restore issue.

After doing a backup the /backup/cpbackup/daily folder is populated with the following directories...dirs, files, and the user dirs for my 2 test users. Now, I'm not real clear on the restore procedure but the only backup option I see that will list the dirs and files directories is the "Restore Multiple Backups" option. But there they show up in the "Username" column and of course if I try to restore them I get "Unable to find the cpanel user file" which makes since since those directories aren't actually users. I'm sure I'm missing something really simple but I'm not sure what!

I may just use a script to rsync the system/configuration files using the cpbackup script as a guide and use the WHM backup for the user backups but I would prefer to keep it all within WHM for this client if possible. Pointers on what I'm doing wrong or other suggestions are appreciated.