The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Full Backup results in corrupt backup file.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NeoMorph, Nov 2, 2008.

1. NeoMorph

NeoMorph Registered

A couple of days ago my host updated cPanel to 11.24.0-CURRENT. Since then I've found that every time I do a fullbackup that homedir is now being compressed into a seperate archive inside the main backup archive. Unfortunately every darn time I try to do a backup this seperate archive, homedir.tar, is ending up corrupt.

Any ideas why here? Is it a new bug because before cPanel got updated homedir wasn't compressed into a seperate file and everything was fine.

Seperate backups work OK but I have an automation system that runs daily to backup my site and it uses fullbackup.

2. sirotex

sirotex Well-Known Member

Hello,

It is a bug in the new cPanel release, there has been an update to fix most, but i dont think this has been mentioned, your best bet is to send a bug report to cPanel on the issue.

Why the hell is your host running the CURRENT branch?

3. NeoMorph

NeoMorph Registered

I have no idea... I'm not particularly experienced with cPanel other than using it for my site. It's something I just take for granted is working and it was only because I needed my backups after a rather unpleasent person deleted a load of forum posts before banning everyone and I needed to recover the site from the backups... Luckily the database files were intact where the homedir part was not. As the homedir files hadn't been damaged I was OK...

Kind of a silver lining in the guy attacking my site (he'd been a perfectly good godmod for 7 months and was a really nice guy... or so everyone though).

I only keep two weeks worth of backup and it could have been rather nasty if my site got corrupted after the 2 week backup cutoff time and I found that my backups weren't any good.