The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Full email quota > bounced emails > delete

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by KingmanMe, Mar 21, 2003.

1. KingmanMe

KingmanMe Active Member
    PartnerNOC

When an email box quota is full further messages cannot be delivered (which is fine).

Is it possible to set it up so that these undeliverable emails are automatically deleted instead of sitting in the mail queue for ages?

Plus, if possible, I'd only want this setup for specified addresses.

I'm really hoping this is possible because the queue just fills up fast after a user doesn't check their email for ages and likes receiveing attachments.

2. hostcp3

hostcp3 Well-Known Member

some of our users haven't checked email for months, they still pay for the service, if I see 50 or even 5 emails in the queue not being delivered because of mailbox full errors I have been going in at server level and

cp inbox inbox.old

touch inbox

chmod 660 inbox

and then send them an email telling them what I have done and how they can view their mail which is in the inbox.old

I have not encroached on privacy

no emails get bounced or lost

and the feedback we get is happy clients.

Just on this subject what file could I amend at server level to increase inbox size? anybody

3. Juanra

Juanra Well-Known Member

You could enter their cpanel and increase their quota from there. And then there's the quota for the whole hosting account, of course.

4. hostcp3

hostcp3 Well-Known Member

Juanra
    yep thanks,

I try to avoid entering customers cpanel area as a last resort seeing it as a privacy issue.

just thought there was a certain file which could be amended at server level.

appreciate the feedback.

5. KingmanMe

KingmanMe Active Member
    PartnerNOC

When the queue reached about a thousand of these messages I had to go in and raise the quota. Unfortunately this is a reseller account and they sell email boxes of certain sizes.

The reseller and me want a way that once it's full, the messages are deleted because raising the quota is not ideal (gives them more space than paid for) and I don't fancy the task of manually sorting it out every few days.

Thanks,