The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Full Restore in WHM

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jboulton, Jul 13, 2006.

1. jboulton

jboulton Registered

I am new to using WHM and have not done a restore from a full cPanel backup. I read the documentation and it said to click on the Backup link or button in the main area in WHM. I can not find any Backup link or button. I have switched hosts and I am in the process of moving all my sites over. Thanks.

WHM version: WHM 10.8.0 cPanel 10.8.2-R119

2. WebScHoLaR

WebScHoLaR Well-Known Member

If you have generated the full cPanel backup then ftp the backups to /home,/usr/home,/web,/home2,/home3,/root,/usr of the server on which you want to restore the backups. Once the backups will be uploaded, login to the WHM and navigate to Backup >> Restore a Full Backup/cpmove file, you will find all the backups listed on that page. Enter the username that you want to restore and click Restore. WHM will restore the complete user account from that cPanel backup.

3. jboulton

jboulton Registered

Backup >>

Thanks for the quick reply. I can not find the Backup >> menu option? Is the Backup option come with all WHM installs? Is this an option my host needs to turn on?