The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

full server migration

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sifuhall, Apr 30, 2009.

1. sifuhall

sifuhall Active Member

Hello everyone.

I have an interesting issue that I hope won't be a major undertaking.

I have a server with approximately 65 accounts and with a different host I have another server that only has a single account.

I want to move everything FROM the server with 65 accounts TO the server with 1 account (and, of course, not lose that account either).

I also want to transfer everyone else (except IPs because it is a different host) such as configurations, packages, features, etc.

How should I go about this?

2. cyberlinuxx

cyberlinuxx Member

you can use the option "Main >> Transfers >> Copy multiple accounts/packages from another server" in WHM to copy all the accounts and packages. But make sure that the configuration (apache, php and mysql) are same on both the servers before proceed with the transfer.

3. PlatinumServerM

PlatinumServerM Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  4. Lyttek

Lyttek Well-Known Member

If you plan ahead with your DNS, you can make the move with little to no downtime...

Drop the DNS ttl on the domains from their normal figures to something like 5 minutes... so rather than being cached for hours or days, the DNS change will happen quickly.

There are a couple of threads on how to do all this with a minimum of pain and hassle :)