The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Full Site Backup - Question about permissions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by aeboi80, Aug 19, 2010.

1. aeboi80

aeboi80 Member

So I did a full backup within the cpanel of the account which I wish to move to a new server. I am running cpanel/whm on both servers.

I initiated the backup of the account with its cpanel on the old server.

I copied the compressed backup file to the new server and used the restore feature within whm on the new server to setup the account on the new server.

I have done this successfully. It restore all mysql database, files, settings, email addresses, etc...

However one of the scripts that runs on the domain for this account seems to be throwing Internal 500 errors as if the permissions were not perserved during the backup/restore process.

I just need to know if that backup/restore preserves the permission levels of the files???

Thanks,

Chad

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Short answer, yes. While both servers are indeed running cPanel, are those servers both setup the same? Do both run SuPHP for example?

3. aeboi80

aeboi80 Member

SuPHP

The new server is running suPHP but the old one is set to dso

I already have 12 other dynamic sites running on the new server and I am hesitant to change it from suPHP to dso on the new server.

What should I do?

#3 aeboi80, Aug 19, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    2 suggestions, go with SuPHP if possible, check the htaccess for the site returning errors. If you rename the htaccess and then try the site and it errors out, you have an idea to work with as to where the problem is.

HTH

5. aeboi80

aeboi80 Member

I am using SuPHP on the new server. I deleted the .htaccess file, but that didn't do anything. The site is still throwiing a 500 error. BTW there was nothing in the .htaccess file to begin with. I am not sure where to go from here. Everything was working on the old server fine. Could it be because the old server was using dso php ?