The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fullbackup.php

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tc1967uk, May 11, 2008.

1. tc1967uk

tc1967uk Registered

My host has set this program up so that it backs up my databases and web space files. However, because the backup is in the root directory, it includes itself in the backup, so the file gets bigger every month.

Is it possible to email the backup file to me automatically, or if not possible, then just back up the databases, and 2 directories (www and public_html)? I presume these are all that REALLY need to be backed up. Please let me know if other directories are useful.

If this can't be done via CPanel, then is there a free program available that could do either of these things?

2. cPanelJesse

cPanelJesse Technical Analyst Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Well there is a backup tool in cPanel that you can choose between a full backup, or download backups of each individual thing (mysql databases, home directory, etc)

The only automated method of backups is found in WHM which is setup on a cronjob to run nightly/weekly/monthly depending on how you configure it in WHM > Backup > Configure Backup.

You can have this done on all accounts, or individual accounts, as well as set it up to either save on your server or save to a remote server.