Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

FYI - Latest version of PHP (4.3.x) breaks phpNuke. Here's a fix

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ecoutez, Feb 20, 2003.

1. ecoutez

ecoutez Well-Known Member

After updating the servers via easyapache to grab the latest PHP, it turned out that all phpNuke sites come up with an error message just before each news block. :(

Fortuantely the problem is known and there is a fix. Unfortunately you may have to edit or replace a couple files in each installation of phpNuke.

See http://pownuke.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=3

Confirmed that this does fix the problem on a CPanel box.

- Jason

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. chakky

chakky Well-Known Member

When I upgraded the server using latest builapache and option 4, everything went fine but a few of my clients running phpnuke got the following error message:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare unixdate() in /DISK2/WWW/septak.cz/www/pnadodb/adodb.inc.php on line 1477

The solution is simple: just put the whole function UnixDate() into comment block (or delete it) and PostNuke will happily run on PHP 4.3.0.

I found this from
    http://news.postnuke.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=2282

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...