The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gallery and PHP 4.3.10 .htaccess oddness

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ret, Dec 22, 2004.

1. ret

ret Active Member

PHP 4.3.10
    Zend Optimizer v2.5.7
    Zend Engine v1.3.0
    ionCube PHP Loader v2.5
    Zend Extension Manager v1.0.6

Upgraded php, zend, then installed ion for freebsd.

I have phpsuexec installed and "set" in Fantastico. I installed Gallery and receave "Internal Server Error". When I removed the preinstalled .htaccess file the page loads file but I get a 404 on all the files. This worked fine before the upgrade. Are there now some incompatible lines in the generated .htaccess file that are not working w/ phpsuexec and the newest version of php.

2. haze

haze Well-Known Member

Those php value directives and the flags need to be removed and added to a php.ini within the install directory. With phpSuExec installed they will not function and just produce errors in .htaccess as php is no longer an apache module.

tail -f /usr/local/apache/logs/error_logs while bringing up the page it should show you any errors if they persist. It might also be in an error_log in the directory the script is in.

3. ret

ret Active Member

Thanks for the quick reply. Is this a known issue. I would think that Fantasico knowing that I have phpsuexec installed would not have added these .htaccess files.

4. haze

haze Well-Known Member

I'm not to sure we don't use fantastico, but i'd guess its a bug with their software. If, as you said you had fantastico set to recognize phpsuexec, then it should put those options in a php.ini file. You might want to try contacting the fantastico dev team for assistance.

5. ret

ret Active Member

Thanks so much for your help. The logs pointed out that apache was confused w/ php_value. I commented the values out and everything is working as expected. I'll try and remb. to check later to see if Fantastico is aware of the problem.

Thanks again.