Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Gathering PHP-FPM packages information fails due to a missing subdomain

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by adamreece.webbox, Feb 13, 2018.

1. adamreece.webbox

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    When we navigate to Software > MultiPHP Manager an error message pops up whilst gathering PHP-FPM packages information.

The message is:

Code:
    API failure: Failed to find the domain(s): “m4minis.example.com”. at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/PHP/Config.pm line 255.
        Cpanel::PHP::Config::_get_php_config_for_domains(0, ARRAY(0x5473098)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/PHP/Config.pm line 275
        Cpanel::PHP::Config::get_php_config_for_domains(ARRAY(0x5473098)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/PHPFPM/Inventory.pm line 55
        Cpanel::PHPFPM::Inventory::get_inventory() called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/PHPFPM/Utils.pm line 216
        Cpanel::PHPFPM::Utils::get_fpm_enabled_domains() called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/PHPFPM/Utils.pm line 156
        Cpanel::PHPFPM::Utils::get_fpm_count_and_utilization() called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/API/1/Lang/PHP.pm line 526
        Whostmgr::API::1::Lang::PHP::get_fpm_count_and_utilization(HASH(0x2a53618), HASH(0x512e288), HASH(0x5136d68)) called at whostmgr/bin/xml-api.pl line 3108
        whostmgr::bin::xml_api::__ANON__(HASH(0x512e288), HASH(0x2a53618), HASH(0x5136d68), CODE(0x26bd1e0)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/API/1/Data/Wrapper.pm line 219
        Whostmgr::API::1::Data::Wrapper::__ANON__() called at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/524/lib64/perl5/cpanel_lib/Try/Tiny.pm line 99
        eval {...} called at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/524/lib64/perl5/cpanel_lib/Try/Tiny.pm line 90
        Try::Tiny::try(CODE(0x512e030), Try::Tiny::Catch=REF(0x53d1a48)) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/API/1/Data/Wrapper.pm line 238
        Whostmgr::API::1::Data::Wrapper::execute_internal(CODE(0x512fbb8), HASH(0x2a53618), HASH(0x5136d68), HASH(0x512def8), CODE(0x26bd1e0)) called at whostmgr/bin/xml-api.pl line 3267
        whostmgr::bin::xml_api::runapp("get_fpm_count_and_utilization", HASH(0x5136d68), HASH(0x28b3d10), 0, CODE(0x26bd1e0)) called at whostmgr/bin/xml-api.pl line 3041
        whostmgr::bin::xml_api::script(CODE(0x26bd1e0), "-json", "./get_fpm_count_and_utilization") called at whostmgr/bin/xml-api.pl line 2992
    There doesn't appear to be any critical side effects of this error. I can still change the PHP version and PHP-FPM status of domains, though the blue "Gathering PHP-FPM packages information ..." message is there forever.

I've checked the account for domain name "example.com". It doesn't have a DNS record "m4minis.example.com", and there are no add-on domains, subdomains, aliases, or redirects configured at all.

Is there anywhere on the file system you'd suggest I look at for this erroneous entry? (I'm not sure where WHM maintains PHP-FPM configurations.)

I didn't mention that we are using WHM version 68.0.29 (release) on a CentOS 6.5 system running CloudLinux 6.9. (CageFS is very enabled.)
    Post edit was not permitted.

#1 adamreece.webbox, Feb 13, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2018
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

It's likely some leftover data from that subdomain exists somewhere on the filesystem. Feel free to open a support ticket using the link in my signature and we can take a closer look to see where it might exist.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. adamreece.webbox

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    A support ticket is not really an option I want to use, because it looks like I have to give some company called Interserver, Inc. root access to the server? I've never heard of them, so I can't trust that.

I've instead done a GREP search across the whole file system for the domain name string in "/etc", "/home/<user>", "/usr", and "/var".
    Found it in the following places:
    • /var/cpanel/bandwidth/<user>.sqlite
    • /var/cpanel/logs/convert_all_domains_to_fpm.1517391015.log
    • /var/cpanel/users.cache/<user>
    • /var/cpanel/users/<user>
    • /var/lib/mlocate/mlocate.db
    Starting with the text files I started with "/var/cpanel/users/<user>", noticed "XDNS1" property was set to "<user>.example.com" instead of just "example.com", so that's been corrected. (Be sure to exec `/usr/local/cpanel/scripts/updateuserdomains` after.) That didn't resolve the issue though.

After looking in "/var/cpanel/userdata/<user>" I found 2 files of interest:
    • <user>.example.com.php-fpm.cache
    • <user>.example.com.php-fpm.yaml
    Deleting those 2 files resolved this issue, though I noticed that another domain name was causing the same issue but with the same sub-domain. So looking at "/var/cpanel/userdata/<user2>" I found:
    • <user>.example2.com.php-fpm.cache
    • <user>.example2.com.php-fpm.yaml
    Deleting those 2 files for <user2> appears to have resolved this issue.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I'm glad to see you were able to find the leftover data and solve the issue. Do you happen to know how the removed domain name was terminated or modified in the past? For instance, this can happen if it was manually modified, or if there was an error during the account modification or termination process.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. adamreece.webbox

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    That's a good question. I can't answer that as none of our staff did this. The account is for a client's web/email hosting, and they have cPanel access, so likely did this themselves. (It's also only me and one person at our data centre that uses a terminal as root, and we didn't touch the account manually.)

I didn't even know the sub-domain ever existed until I saw the original error in WHM. Sorry I can't be of more help on this.

cPanelMichael likes this.