The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GD Install problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by A_V, Nov 18, 2006.

  1. A_V

    A_V Registered

    Joined:
    Nov 11, 2004
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    1st) I try in WHM > Apache Update buid with GD option checked, an always

    configure: error: libXpm.(a|so) not found.

    2nd) after read this forum i do this:

    3rd) Now i have this result

    Testing package set / solving RPM inter-dependencies...
    xorg-x11-devel-6.8.2-1.EL.1 Retrieved.
    Preparing
    Installing /var/spool/up2date/xorg-x11-devel-6.8.2-1.EL.13.37.2.i386.rpm...
    There was a fatal RPM install error. The message was:
    There was a rpm unpack error installing the package: xorg-x11-devel-6.8.2-1.EL.13.37.2

    Install Complete

    Now, who can help me, and remember i'm newbi :(
     
    #1 A_V, Nov 18, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2006
  2. vikins

    vikins Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Oct 3, 2006
    Messages:
    93
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    8
    Where is your server hosted? I have a RHE4 at EV1.net and it is having this problem also. This problem does not happen on the CentOS 3.8 machine I have at midPhase.

    I had the same problem. It was because there was a strange symlink to a non-existant location:

    /usr/X11R6/lib -> /usr/X11R6/lib64

    I did this:
    cd /usr/X11R6
    mv lib lib.orig

    Then I reran the x11 install and it worked fine. Problem is, it doesn't solve the problem completely.

    Please see my other post about this issue here:
    http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=60595

    Help! :)

    vikins
     
  3. HollyRidge

    HollyRidge Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 25, 2003
    Messages:
    138
    Likes Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    Garner NC USA
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Here is what I did to resolve this issue on a RHEL4 64bit server...

    ln -s /usr/X11R6/lib-old /usr/X11R6/lib64

    Basically on this particular server there was no /usr/X11R6/lib64 directory in which /usr/X11R6/lib pointed to it as a symbolic link. However there was a /usr/X11R6/lib-old directory which contained all the lib files. By creating the symbolic link above resolved my issue.

    If you followed the instructions above by vikins then you will likely have to go back and undo it. This also resolved the issue I have been reading here in the forums about "undefined reference" errors.

    Note: If you dont have the xorg-x11 & xorg-x11-devel rpms installed then you will need these also.

    I hope this helps.
     
    #3 HollyRidge, Nov 27, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2006
Loading...

Share This Page