The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GD Libary and PHP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pikake069, Mar 14, 2006.

1. pikake069

pikake069 Registered

Sep 3, 2005
    I installed cPanel a couple of months ago, and am now noticing the the GD libarys are not loaded or installed...

Steps I have done

Did a fresh install of Cpanel on with a Centos-3 OS
    cd /home

I followed for basic server config. (Thanks)

Anyways, I haven't had a need for a GD libary untill now, but I keep getting GD Libarys not installed....

I looked in the whm for some sort of GD config but found none :(

Anyways, I need a little bit of help on what to do next (I am sure all that is required is to install the GD libary somehow and add a couple lines in the php.ini file), but I am a bit lost in the world of *inx

I do know how to do some basic command line stuff, but that is the extent of knowlage...

Sources I have found but don't know how to do or how to inturprate...

Is this in the php.ini file?
    How can I tell if I have libpng and libjpeg installed?.. I did a manual install of GD...
    (I am gussing they are installed, but not sure... Output of config file)
    Steps I did to do a manual install of GD

My phpinfo...

uploaded the GD gz file to root directory and extracted it and ran the ./configure file

Much thanks...

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Go on, have a guess
    Not clear from your post if you have recompiled apache/php using WHM > Software > Update Apache > and select the GD option from the list of available modules and then compile it.