The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GD Library Issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mastermind2004, Oct 21, 2004.

1. mastermind2004

I've recently set up a new server with CPanel/WHM. When I attempt to compile Apache with PHP and the GD Library I get this error:
    Code:
    configure php-4.3.9...(--prefix=/usr --with-xml --enable-bcmath --enable-calendar --enable-ftp --with-gd --with-jpeg-dir=/usr/local --with-png-dir=/usr --with-xpm-dir=/usr/X11R6 --enable-magic-quotes --with-mysql --enable-discard-path --with-pear --enable-sockets --enable-track-vars --enable-versioning --with-zlib).... . . . . . . . . . . . Done 
    configure: error: libXpm.(a|so) not found.
    I checked, and found the libXpm to be installed in the /usr/X11R6/lib directory. Any suggestions on how to clear this up would be greatly appreciated, as this is holding up the launch of this server, and costing me quite a lot.
    Edit: I'm Using CentOS 3.3, with WHM 9.9.3 and CPanel 9.9.6-C9. Any other specs can be given if needed.

2. mastermind2004

Anyone have any suggestions? I've tried using /scripts/easyapache, it still gives me the same error. I have done a search of the forums, and tried all the suggestions found there, but nothing helps. I can give more full logs of the Apache build if you need. This problem is getting very annoying, as it makes several apps that my clients use non functional.
    :confused:

3. mastermind2004

Issue Resolved. After importing the CentOS Public Key, things were smooth sailing.

4. kctalk

kctalk Registered

How do you use the CentOS key?

5. anand

anand Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Download the rpm-gpg key from one of their mirrors and use rpm --import to import the key.

6. mastermind2004

Yeah, that's exactly it. I found it at mirror.centos.org.
    :)