The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GD/TTF enabled but not working

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bestrafung, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Bestrafung

Bestrafung Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    A while ago I enabled GD and TTF (FreeType) on my server for an image gallery plugin. Everything was working correctly. I just recently installed a form that generates a captcha using GD and noticed it wasn't working. The original image gallery no longer works either. Using a small script and checking phpinfo() GD is loaded and there don't appear to be any errors. It still isn't being loaded. I've tried running EasyApache several times even trying the default settings with GD. Every time GD is loaded but not working.

It was suggested in other forum posts that timeouts or memory limits could be at fault. I have checked everything and increased the memory limit to 128M with no effect. I have also run /scripts/upcp to make sure cPanel was current. Any help would be much appreciated since this is now affecting all of my clients on this server.

#1 Bestrafung, Dec 18, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  2. Bestrafung

Bestrafung Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Any chance anyone has an idea on this? I'm completely confused on this one.

3. PlotHost

PlotHost Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    What error do you get when running the script ?

4. Bestrafung

Bestrafung Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thank you for replying. The script just loads as a blank white page in most cases. In the error_log I usually get something similar to this:
    This is a Joomla! site but this error seems to affect all GD scripts, including forums and other upload attachments scripts.

5. Bestrafung

Bestrafung Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I've been slowly working this problem out with cPanel support. It looks like there's a version issue with libjpeg. For some reason EasyApache is recompiling PHP with libjpeg version 8 support instead of the 6.2 that's installed. I'm still trying to figure out how to fix this so any help would be appreciated.

6. Bestrafung

Bestrafung Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If anyone else stumbles across this same issue it was an easy fix once the cause was determined. At some point jpegtran was installed to optimize the jpg images on the websites. It installed it's own libjpeg 8 libraries in the /usr/local directory. Once it was removed the EasyApache used the systems libjpeg 6.2 again. Sorry to bump this but there must be a time limit on editing old posts.