Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

GD wont work :(

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kinkybullet, May 15, 2004.

1. kinkybullet

kinkybullet Member

GD some how wont work on my server, it says is installed in WHM i tried to reinstall but it still wont work, can anybody tell me plz? i've even installed gdk and gdm packages & dependencies

thanks in advance

:mad:

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Do you have any error messages that you could post? Is the script that is trying to use the GD libraries written in perl?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. bjdea1

bjdea1 Well-Known Member

Hi

Try submitting a support request to Cpanel. I had same problem and it was because of a missing library that was required - this library had to be force installed by Cpanel staff, after that everything went fine.

When compiling Apache using easyapache - you'll probably see a dependancy error in the output - some library missing. This would be the reason gd won't install.

Also another thing - from memory if you're installing gd from source ".tar.gz" - it usually defaults to /usr/local/lib but I think you need it in /usr/lib directory.

4. icanectc

icanectc Well-Known Member

Pop into SSH

run

/scripts/easyapache

Choose option 4

And all is well.