The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gee ok Installed now what?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mortation, Nov 23, 2002.

1. mortation

mortation Member

I have installed cPanel. I have gone to the URL stated but funny thing, it asks for a username and password. I dont have a username and password and in the wee little bit of documentation I could find there is not squat for acctaully setting up cPanel.

So my question is ok installed, now what the heck do I do? I just need this thing for a couple days so I can add cPanel support to my software. I was told my routers IP has been added to the cPanel license so I dont think that is the problem al though I was never emailed a physical license....

aNc

2. mortation

mortation Member

Never mind found it an anouncment here. BTW the forums link doesnt work from cpanel.net.

aNc

3. mortation

mortation Member

Is there some place I can get the cPanel perl modules so I do not have to have my software on a cPanel system? I see it calls:

push (@INC,&/usr/local/cpanel”);

But the onlything in the Perl directory is mainip.so

Is that the only file I need?

aNc

4. mortation

mortation Member

I need to add cPanel support to my software as it currently only supports Ensim. I found : http://www.cpanel.net/manual/remoteaccess.html which is perfect because it works the same way I made me ensim mod.

However, it calls:

push (@INC,&/usr/local/cpanel”);

So what I am asking is what exactly do I need from this directory to use the Cpanel::whatever calls. I ask because I do not want to move development from my Ensim box. And I want to give people who run both platforms the ability to run CyDock from any server.

aNc

5. mortation

mortation Member

Does you or does anyone know how to generate an access hash?

aNc

6. mortation

mortation Member

Thank you very mush. Well that was easy Cpanel added;) Now I just have to smooth it out:)