Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Generate certificates for domains not in cPanel?

Discussion in 'Security' started by liebn0r, Dec 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. liebn0r

liebn0r Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Would it be possible to utilize AutoSSL to generate certificates for domains not in the cPanel/WHM system? My site is built on a custom CMS which allows our customers to use their own domain names, but we handle the process via our own CMS, not via cPanel/WHM. I'd love to be able to semi/automatically issue SSL certificates for these domains.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

The domain names need to exist under a cPanel account and resolve to an IP address associated with the cPanel server in order for the domain validation process to succeed. There's no functionality to support AutoSSL certificates for domain names not added to the cPanel server, but feel free to open a feature request if you'd like to request additional functionality:

Submit A Feature Request

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. liebn0r

liebn0r Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I see, thank you. Just to clarify, the domain names are actually getting entered into the DNS Zone (DNS Functions >> Add a DNS Zone) but not associated with an account. Would I just have to associate them to an account to get this working?

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Yes, you'd need to ensure they are added as aliases or addon domain names so the appropriate entries are added in the Apache configuration file.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...