The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Generate filter file with command

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by dol, Dec 15, 2009.

1. dol

dol Registered
    PartnerNOC

In every etc/domain.com/emailusername folder you can place your filter.yaml file. This file holds the imformation about the User Level Filter. After every edit throu the 2096 gui this file will be parsed and it's generates an 'filter' file. This 'filter' file contains exim filter rules. I want to change the filter.yaml file directly. But I don't know, how to generate the filter file after my edit. There must be an command, that creates or update the filter file. I haven't found any API2 call or command line helper, that generates the file from scratch.
    Does anybody have an idear how to do this. I guess, it's some ware in the /usr/local/cpanel/cpanel-email compiled perl file. But I don't know the exact command and parameters to force a regeneration.

2. fruit-dude

fruit-dude Registered

Generate filter with command

referencing a post I just made

http://forums.cpanel.net/f43/spam-filters-149061.html#post634661

"I have just figured this out.
    You need to do it via panel at least once.

Then you need to copy over

/home/USERNAME/.cpanel/filter.yaml to /home/OTHER_USERNAME/.cpanel/filter.yaml

don't forget to chown USER.USER accordingly after copying over, additionally you might want to save a copy of the original filter.yaml"

Hope it works for you too

3. MattDees

MattDees cPanel Product Owner
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator