The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Generate Full Backup does not work

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by nesanjoseph, Sep 26, 2011.

1. nesanjoseph

nesanjoseph Active Member

Hi,

Have any one faced issue in generating Full Backup of an account either from cPanel console itself [Backups -> Download or Generate a full website backup -> Generate Backup] or through API Fileman::fullbackup().

When using API, following is what I do:
    - First call Fileman::fullbackup() API to initiate the full backup.
    - Then wait in a loop to check the status of the backup by calling Backups::listfullbackups()
    - Check if the status in XML comes to completed and then download the file by calling the url http://<cpanel host>:2082/download?file=<full_backup_file_name> .

But the status goes in to "inprogress" and never comes to completed. Some times, it simply comes like "incomplete" and the backup fails. This usually happens when I tried to do backup of tens of accounts in a loop.

Can anyone explain me why is this happening? Is there a way to do a successful full backup always? Or are there some conditions to be satisfied for doing Full Backup of the accounts?

Many Thanks,
    Nesan Joseph R.

2. nesanjoseph

Hi,

I think I have one more question regarding Full Backup. Could you please reply me the answer for this too.

Can the XML API "restoreaccount" be used to restore an account using a "Full Backup" file [Full backup downloaded from cPanel end user console or from the backup method I have mentioned above] ? I ask this because that API does not seem to accept any "file*" parameter. Or is there a different method to restore the "Full Backup" of an account [without having to go the WHM console]?

Thanks,
    Nesan Joseph R.

3. nesanjoseph

Hi all,

Just an information about the problem I have mentioned about Generate Full Backups. I have contacted the cPanel technical support team and they confirmed that there is no issues in the API call. Problem is with my server which is running with overloaded CPU/memory which in turn failed the Full Backups from being generated! :cool:

Regards,
    Nesan Joseph R.