The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Geotrust problem with CSR generated by WHM

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by drhonk, Jun 22, 2004.

1. drhonk

drhonk Active Member

I've generated numouros CSR before and one last night without any problem. But today seems like geotrust won't take any CSR generated by WHM. It came back with an error without any error message.

Anyone have this same problem today ?

2. easyhoster1

easyhoster1 Well-Known Member

Never had an problems with geotrust, but one thing I do notice when generating a CSR, that whm creates it with a wrap.

I always backspace each line on the CSR before submitting to geotrust.

Make sure that there is no wrapping when pasting in the cert.

Also, check in the SSL manager to make sure the CSR is there and looks good.

If all else fails, contact geotrust and they will issue another for you.

3. drhonk

drhonk Active Member

Never had any problem before either, this is just started today. I tried what you suggested earlier today but still it gave me the same error.

Tech support at geotrust did confirmed that the CSR is good but then he suggested to recreate the CSR without any password.

The question is now .. how can we create CSR without password. I can do it manually but will it work with cpanel ?

I still have a feeling that they have some glitches on geotrust system because I created a new SSL last night without any problem.

4. drhonk

drhonk Active Member

Just tried creating a new CSR without a password and still the same error. This is definitely something wrong with geotrust's system. I'm waiting for their response ..