The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting backups working

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by Rockstar04, Sep 4, 2012.

1. Rockstar04

Rockstar04 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I am sorry for the vague title, but am unsure how to exactly describe my problem.

We are a small web design company that runs our own web server powered by cpanel. We had hired a Sys admin to setup and deploy our new, much more powerful server. Turns out this guy had NO idea what he was doing and cost us a lot of business by screwing up almost everything with the transfer and configurations on the new server.

So here is my current problem.
    Here is the current partition structure of the server, its made up of 4 - 3TiB Drives in raid 5. Home is taking up the vast majority of the server with no place for daily backups to go ( Daily backups are more of a oops we messed something up on a site, weekly and monthly backups are still off site)
    MountPoint Free Used Total Size
    / 36.75 GiB 9.97 GiB 49.22 GiB
    /boot 395.80 MiB 63.42 MiB 484.22 MiB
    /dev/shm 47.21 GiB 24.00 KiB 47.21 GiB
    /home 10.07 TiB 76.73 GiB 10.69 TiB
    /tmp 446.40 MiB 12.82 MiB 484.22 MiB
    Totals 10.16 TiB 86.78 GiB 10.79 TiB

I have no place to put my backups. . . . .

We bought another 3TiB drive we want to install as a quick solution, but what would be the best solution to fix the backups?

#1 Rockstar04, Sep 4, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  2. tecsys

tecsys Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

Could you describe the server you have a bit ? Does it have the space and ability to mount the new 3tb drive as a slave ?

3. anoop1285

anoop1285 Member

is this fixed?

1. option is to add a new drive and mount to /backup location and use it as backup.

2. else you can change the backup location in WHM to /home/cpanelbackup or something like that under the home dir.

Thanks