The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting Deprecated Warning Msg

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by macrunning, Apr 13, 2010.

1. macrunning

macrunning Member

I'm thinking there must have been an update to cPanel because yesterday our blog was working fine. We didn't make any changes and then all of a sudden today we are getting the warning message below. Just wondering if anyone knows how to fix this? I tried suppressing the warning with error_reporting(0) but that didn't seem to work.

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/sethwadl/public_html/connect/wp-content/plugins/flickr-gallery/phpFlickr.php on line 375

Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/sethwadl/public_html/connect/wp-content/plugins/flickr-gallery/phpFlickr.php on line 445

site: http://connect.fowler240.com

#1 macrunning, Apr 13, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2010
  2. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    There is no cPanel update that would have caused this.

The described message and change in behavior could only occur if the server administrator recompiled PHP, such as when the server administrator elects to upgrade to PHP version 5.3.x, as made possible via EasyApache. EasyApache is not executed automatically; only manual administrative action could have initiated the described change.

To learn more about PHP 5.3 I recommend referring to the official PHP change log and release information:

3. macrunning

macrunning Member

Re:

Thank you.