The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting exim to send from different IPs on same box

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mygregory, Feb 7, 2005.

1. mygregory

mygregory Active Member

Hi,

Is this possible? Or should I forget it?

Apache/Fedora/Cpanel (Exim MTA)

Anything sent out via sendmail/exim obviously identifies the box's hostname or is identified and marked by the receiving host. This is fine for most shared accounts on the box. However....

On same box have seperate dedicated IP account that is different from the main shared hostname's IP. If I create reverse DNS for this seperate IP (to identify it properly to receiving servers), is it possible in some way to make exim send from this IP when called by applications (user nobody therefore) running on this dedicated IPs account. Applications running under domains on the main shared IP should continue to send mail from the main IP as usual.

Essentially I want mail headers to list this separate IP/domain as originator. Is this possible?
    The reason is that the account belongs to a different organisation that does not wish to be identified by the server's main hostname, but by thet separate IP.

I would really appreciate somebody knowlegeable giving me some pointers.

Regards to all,

mygregory

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

No. You either use the main IP of the server or configure exim to use a specific one, but you cannot use more than one.