The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting exim up to speed with domains

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by spiritguardian, Apr 30, 2004.

1. spiritguardian

spiritguardian Active Member

Apr 30, 2004

I'm a long time sendmail user and I'm excited about the chance to move to a new platform. I am running Linux and Cpanel 9.20-R24. Please not that I am not your typical web host reseller, but a design agency that manages almost all aspects of activity on the server.

In order to get going with exim quickly, I need a little help. The way exim was set up with cPanel does not seem to take in to account aliases, vitual domains, etc. Has anyone gotten a few examples of their routers and how to implement them?

I am a little bewildered by the account management system, which seems completely different from actual users, who I seem to only be able to manage via the command line.

I have set up DNS and Apache to be ready to serve up and I want to add a user to the system (adduser myusername) and then tell exim points to myusername. I don't care if goes to mysuername, but I need to understand this sort of routing.

Any good previous threads on this subject?

2. BenThomas

BenThomas Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2004
    Houston, Texas USA
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Welcome to cPanel. You should be up to speed in no time.

The first thing you should realize is that cPanel provides the Web Host Manager (often referred to as WHM) interface to handle most system administration tasks. You'll use that interface to create new accounts on your server.

After you've created an account, then as the user you'll log into their cPanel user interface. This is were you'll set up the mail and ftp accounts, mailing lists, and various other account features and settings.

If you're not familiar with cPanel at all, a quick read throught the documentation is highly recommended.