The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting "Great Success!" eventhough webroot has content

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by stardotstar, Sep 25, 2009.

1. stardotstar

stardotstar Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I have just been wrangling a domain/subdomain issue that has me perplexed.

I created a subdomain of my domain/account and when I go to the edit dns zone I see that there is an A record for subdomain and www.subdomain pointing to the localhost IP and when I use cPanel as the account to view the webroot of the subdomain the files I have put there are all in place. When I check the permissions of those files via ssh they are all owned correctly by the account - they were ftp uploaded there by the user account.

But when I visit www.subddomain or subdomain.tldetc I get only the "great success" page.

I did an apache restart to no avail.

Any ideas?

I suspect it has to do with other A records in my zone which point out to another host - but that host has no "great success" pages and therefore the host that should be serving the content from that webroot is serving the page - just not sure from where and why it is not the webroot content it should be!

TIA
    Will

2. MattCurry

MattCurry Well-Known Member

Hello,

I do see the error you are talking about, and I could see how that could be concerning. This can actually be caused by a few different scenarios and I would advise that we open a ticket so that we can get a better look at what is going on with the server. You can submit a ticket via the link below. Please feel free to ask if you have any other questions.

Thank you,
    Matthew Curry

3. stardotstar

stardotstar Well-Known Member

Ticketed, thanks Matt.