The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

getting password through ssh

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by blingblingbling, Nov 27, 2005.

1. blingblingbling

blingblingbling Registered

hello,

i had a programmer install cpanel and he never told me the password and is now uncontactable.
    short of reinstalling it is there any way i can login to ssh root and get the password or reset the password from there?

2. blingblingbling

blingblingbling Registered

all these active users and nobody can help? guess i chose the wrong cpanel, must be a peice of crap

3. Myacen

Myacen Well-Known Member

Why would you hire a programmer if it's such an easy task to install? Next time hire someone more trustworthy to do your install, someone with a bit of a reputation.

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

You should be more patient and polite if you would like any help, especially when your questions has nothing to do with cPanel whatsoever. This is not an official support forum.

To answer your question: you need to reboot the server into single user mode to reset the root password from the console of the server. If you don't have access to the console then you need to ask your datacentre t do that for you.