durangod

May 12, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Lately i have been getting this on a regular basis from some job thats running at night.

repquota: Cannot resolve mountpoint path (deleted) /home/xxxx/cursoriu/home/cursoriu: No such file or directory
repquota: Cannot resolve mountpoint path (deleted) /home/xxxx/goldwing/home/goldwing: No such file or directory

these both are closed or expired domain/cpanel accounts so im not worried about sharing the names but how do i get this resolved.

thanks

Last edited:

durangod

May 12, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
hi thanks here is my output i dont think it worked. Should i just delete the /goldwing and /cursoriu in the virtfs dir

Code:
# /scripts/fixquotas
Installing Default Quota Databases......Done
journaled quota support: not available with vzaquota (disabled)
Warning virtual file systems are mounted. Quotas may be counted as double
for users who are currently logged in. Please have jailshell users logout
before running quotacheck in the future!

All jailed users will be logged out in 60 seconds!

Broadcast message from [email][email protected][/email] (Mon Nov 10 06:21:21 2014):

Warning! The system is about to perform quota maintenance.
All users will be logged out in 60 seconds.
PLEASE Do not log back in for 30 minutes, or you may inadvertantly disable your
 account.
jailshell: no process killed
warn [clear_orphaned_virtfs_mounts] The directory “/home/virtfs/goldwing/home/goldwing” could not be removed from the virtfs device: Device or resource busy
warn [clear_orphaned_virtfs_mounts] The directory “/home/virtfs/goldwing/home” could not be removed from the virtfs device: Directory not empty
warn [clear_orphaned_virtfs_mounts] The directory “/home/virtfs/cursoriu/home/cursoriu” could not be removed from the virtfs device: Device or resource busy
warn [clear_orphaned_virtfs_mounts] The directory “/home/virtfs/cursoriu/home” could not be removed from the virtfs device: Directory not empty
Failed to unmount virtual file system. at /usr/local/cpanel/scripts/initquotas line 291.
Reading package xxxxangod_WMSpecial
edquota: Cannot resolve mountpoint path (deleted) /home/virtfs/cursoriu/home/cursoriu: No such file or directory
edquota: Cannot resolve mountpoint path (deleted) /home/virtfs/goldwing/home/goldwing: No such file or directory
Resetting quota for xxxexs to 0 M
edquota: Cannot resolve mountpoint path (deleted) /home/virtfs/cursoriu/home/cursoriu: No such file or directory
edquota: Cannot resolve mountpoint path (deleted) /home/virtfs/goldwing/home/goldwing: No such file or directory
Resetting quota for xxxentl to 0 M
Resetting quota for xxxiteowf to unlimited M
Reading package xxxngod_maximum
Resetting quota for xxxan6 to unlimited M
Reading package DR-1 Reseller
Resetting quota for xxxangod to 102400 M
Reading package xxxngod_Premium
Resetting quota for xxxdem to 2500 M
Resetting quota for secretth to 0 M
Reading package xxxxngod_Basic
Resetting quota for xxxxpamb to 1000 M
Resetting quota for xxxxros to 0 M
Invalid line: /dev/simfs on (deleted) /home/virtfs/cursoriu/home/cursoriu type simfs (rw,relatime,usrquota,grpquota)
Invalid line: /dev/simfs on (deleted) /home/virtfs/goldwing/home/goldwing type simfs (rw,relatime,usrquota,grpquota)
[email protected] [~]#

Last edited:

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello :)

Could you open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look? You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

ckh

Dec 6, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Was there a resolution to this? I have a few servers with the same problem, keep getting emails:

repquota: Cannot resolve mountpoint path (deleted)/home/virtfs/username/home/username: No such file or directory

Accounts were at one time terminated. There's no files within /home/virtfs/username but there is the path to /home/virtfs/username/home/username

durangod

May 12, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
My apologies i meant to update this, you will need to do a ticket as they will have to manually remove the bad items. For some reason it was left mounted so they will have to unmount manually and then clean it up.

i would post their code but i dont want someone to totally mess up their server because the commands do not apply to them or their server for some reason.

Last edited:

cPanelPeter

Technical Analyst III
Staff member
Sep 23, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Hello,

The above information is correct. This appeared to be a corruption in one or more of the virtfs mounts. Each one can be different. The fix that was used in this particular instance was similar to this:

Code:
# grep 'deleted' /etc/mtab

You should get back something like this:

/dev/simfs (deleted)\040/home/virtfs/USERNAME/home/USERNAME simfs rw,relatime,usrquota,grpquota 0 0

Then you can try the following:

# umount /home/virtfs/USERNAME/home/USERNAME

Repeat that for each of the accounts that show (deleted). 

When that's done, try the /scripts/clear_orphaned_virtfs_mounts again (you may have to run this several times). 
Finally, type:

# /scripts/fixquotas

Last edited:
Reactions: postcd

ckh

Dec 6, 2003
Phoenix, AZ
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
That didn't work. What did work was:

grep -i username /proc/mounts

you should get something like:

/dev/sdb1 \040(deleted)/home/virtfs/username/home/username ext4 rw,relatime,barrier=1,data=ordered,jqfmt=vfsv0,usrjquota=quota.user 0 0

The path in the result is used to unmount:

umount /home/virtfs/username/home/username

and finally:

/scripts/clear_orphaned_virtfs_mounts --user username

which worked for me. (Thanks to Amanda, ticket 5696195)

Reactions: postcd

durangod

May 12, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
why is this still being an issue, is there an update for cpanel that will fix this issue on the horizon ?

what worked for me was eveything ckh did but the last line

i used the shorter version because the attribute did not work on mine.

/scripts/clear_orphaned_virtfs_mounts

then it went thru each account no action needed until it deleted the one that needed to be cleaned. I guess if you have lots of accounts this could take awhile, but as i said i could not get this format
/scripts/clear_orphaned_virtfs_mounts --user username
to work for me.

[~]# /scripts/clear_orphaned_virtfs_mounts --user datingsiteowf
Argument 1 did not match (?^:^--(.)) at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/514/lib64/perl5/cpanel_lib/Class/Std.pm line 438.

thanks

Last edited:

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
The following document helps explain why this happens, and the steps you can take to address it:

Jailed Shell - Remove VirtFS

From what I can see in the posts to this thread, it's by design due to the nature of how jailshell operates.

Thank you.