The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting SSL right

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by beddo, Jan 1, 2009.

1. beddo

beddo Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I have recently moved servers, my previous server was set up as following with IPs and SSL

a.a.a.a = primary IP
    b.b.b.b = secondary IP

The primary IP was used for the main shared IP, for all cpanel stuff and also had an SSL certificate for the main domain under which the server was running.

I have a purchased SSL certificate for *.maindomain and this was previously set up running on the primary IP. The secondary IP was for a second separate SSL host. This would allow the certificate to be used for the whm/cpanel/etc hostnames under the main domain

On the new server, I have attempted to set up the same but now the main domain is simply set up using the shared IP. WHM will not let me install the SSL certificate on the main IP. Is this a change of policy or is there something I'm missing to get SSL working? I could start messing with httpd.conf and manually set up the certs but I imagine cpanel will not honour the changes and obliterate them at some point in the future..