The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting XCache set up

Discussion in 'Workarounds and Optimization' started by Webbstre, Dec 10, 2013.

1. Webbstre

Webbstre Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello! I'm moving to cPanel/WHM for the first time, and I'm trying to get XCache set up properly. I've got PHP compiled with XCache already, but I can't find any way to add setting options for XCache within the PHP Configuration Editor. Thus, I'd like to know how to do either of the following:

1- How to add new lines to the PHP Configuration Editor

OR

2- How to get the system to scan an additional directory for additional .ini files where I can put the XCache settings within.

The reason I'm not doing this directly via Shell is that I don't want the PHP Configuration Editor to wipe my changes any time there is an update or I alter a value somewhere.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me!

2. Webbstre

Webbstre Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Ok, I'm making progress, but now I have an entirely new problem.

First, the answer to Number 2 above was located here: http://forums.cpanel.net/f5/proper-procedure-edit-php-ini-343971.html#post1388731

Basically, I needed to recompile PHP with Safe PHP Cgi turned on.

Now that XCache reads my settings file, I'm getting a different problem. Here are my settings, and the error in the log that loads whenever I try to load a page:

It appears to be a problem with the /tmp/xcache folder, but I've checked, and the permissions are 777 and that partition is allowed 2 GB of space, and it's only at 3% now.

Any ideas?

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  4. Webbstre

Webbstre Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Yup, it was only at 3%. Additionally, after making that post I called it a night, and by the next day the problem had disappeared. XCache now runs correctly. Unfortunately, not I'm on to vBulletin-based errors :P