Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

gftp error following shift to pure-ftpd

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kaosent, Jul 30, 2005.

1. kaosent

kaosent Active Member

Hello, I have just received a few reports from some clients that gFTP on their fedora desktop computers is failing to connect w/ pure-ftpd.

These individuals use gFTP on their fedora desktop boxes, and can no longer ftp to their site following the shift from pro to pure-ftpd. I believe the error they said that they were receiving was 'error code 2: invalid server response' which followed immediately after the transfer of login credentials.

In working through this problem with them, I have verified this error to exist when they attempt to connect to a FreeBSD 5.4 server w/ CPanel and a Red Hat 9 server w/ CPanel (completely independent servers...), and both worked fine w/ pro-ftpd.

I was hoping that someone may have a recommended course of action to remedy this?
    I have read a few recommendations such as disable PASV but to no avail, and I am running out of ideas.

Thanks in advance.