The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GLIB Error

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Scott Greczkows, Jun 5, 2006.

1. Scott Greczkows

Scott Greczkows Well-Known Member

I have been away with my family on vacation and came home to a bunch of error messages in my mailbox.

/etc/cron.hourly/modsecparse.pl:

*** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (!prev): 0x00000000007bb470 ***

Also it looks like my backup is not running correctly. I am seeing this error message

Copying proftpd file....Done Entering timeout safety mode Grabbing mysql dbs............
    sh: line 1: 27378 Done echo "32004 LISTUSERS 0 0"
    27379 Segmentation fault | /usr/local/cpanel/bin/mysqladmin
    sh: line 1: 27381 Done echo "32004 LISTDBS 0 0"
    27382 Segmentation fault | /usr/local/cpanel/bin/mysqladmin
    Done
    Grabbing mysql privs...sh: line 1: 27386 Done echo "32004 DUMPSQL 0 0"
    27387 Segmentation fault | /usr/local/cpanel/bin/mysqladmin >>/home/cpbackuptmp/cpbackup/daily/dish/mysql.sql
    Done
    Leaving timeout safety mode

Does anyone know what they mean and how to fix them? I am on a CENT OS 64 bit and am running the latest version of WHM / CPANEL

WHM 10.8.0 cPanel 10.8.2-C118
    RedHat 4.2 x86_64 - WHM X v3.1.0

2. technicals

technicals Member

The glibc error is a symptom of PHP not having support for mysql 4.1.x, which was probably updated the last time you ran upcp or something. The solution is to recompile apache.

However, I've done this on two servers and it will fail to start properly without producing any errors. I was told that this is a Zend related problem, but reinstalling zend has not eased my woes any. I have yet another couple of servers to fix, but I'm not touching it until I know how to get apache up and running again.

3. technicals

technicals Member

*Resolved*

And I'm not very smart. After checking other posts, there are several posted solutions.

The simplest for me was to modify the version number in /scripts/installzendopt to 3.0.1 and it's all good.

4. Scott Greczkows

Scott Greczkows Well-Known Member

Ok heres the kicker, I am not running Zend.

5. technicals

technicals Member

Have you recently upgraded to mysql 4.1.x from 4.0.x or prior? I find this usually occurrs in apps that are linked against the wrong client library (or equivalent.) You may need to recompile the apps/interpreters/VMs for anything involved.

HTH