The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Glibc kills apache and gets loads up-to the celling on x86_64 !

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by mOdY, Apr 22, 2006.

1. mOdY

mOdY Well-Known Member

hello, i have a bunch of... no, a million line of these lines >>>

*** glibc detected *** corrupted double-linked list: 0x0000000001063fb0 ***
    [Sat Apr 22 19:53:20 2006] [notice] child pid 3767 exit signal Aborted (6)

i rebuilt apache more than 200 times and i can't install any type of php caching 3rd parties like zend or eAccelerator, i forced upcp dozen of times and did almost what
    s been suggested as a fix in this whole forum, contacted my dc to have a cpanel tech. look at this issue but after 7 days of trying they say that cpanel isn't giving any care about the issue and that i have to be contacted by cpanel incase they'r going to help, really don't know even if any of the cpanel real guys - ( not forum moderators ) - could really look into this, Thanks.

2. jackie46

jackie46 BANNED

Why would you be running the x86_64 version in the first place? I dont think its properly supported. As far Im concerned only the 32bit version is supported and if you read the forums you will not the 64bit version is nothing but trouble.

3. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Indeed. Unfortunately x86_64 can be a bag of worms. It might be simply to wipe the server and install the 32bit version of the OS. Having the 64bit version, at this stage, probably has minimal performance advantages to a web server.

One thing you might try is to install the 32bit version of glibc alongside the 64bit version.

4. mOdY

mOdY Well-Known Member

well, about the x86_64 issue, cPanel approved that it's 100% supported and stable by putting this in their main page and that's beside that i won't like the idea of using a 64bit machine in a 32bit mode, so why in the first place i did bought this server ?! is that what you trying to say ?
    about the 32bit glibc thing, i have it already installed, the i686 glibc and the x86_64 .

5. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

The issue isn't cPanel - their software runs just fin on x86_64 which is why they show it as supported. The problem you're seeing is with the OS, so you would need to turn to your Os vendor for support with problems with it.

As I said before, because of how x64 is implemented, you're probably not going to see any benefit from running an x64 OS compared to a x32 OS on a web server at this time, since just about every application is simply recompiled for the 64bit Os instead of being optimised or written specifically for it.

6. mOdY

mOdY Well-Known Member

well, as long as cPanel don't give me the ability - ( reliably ) - to have my own trusted new stable apache like 2.0 or 2.2 installed on my system then it's STILL A CPANEL ISSUE.

instead of that i'm stuck in a big LEGACY wall called apache 1.3.34 :(

no more to say about it, i've been in this fire for about a month now, still cpanel didn't fixed this or won't bother their selves to get a brand new or a neighbour's x86_64 machine to test their SUPPORTED apps stability, and they even don't want to reply on my DC support by any mean with no execuse.