The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Global AND Local Deliver to folders not working

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Markqz, Aug 29, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Markqz

Markqz Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I know there's a thread about global filtering not working. That problem has been a real hassle and does not appear to have been fixed. I thought a workaround might be to set up local (user) folder delivery instead.

Unfortunately, that doesn't work either. When you browse to a folder (user level filtering), it creates an address like:

/.mysubbox

Where "mysubbox" is the name of the desired folder.

I don't know if that is the desired pathing, but when I try to filter mail in this manner, the mail disappears. I've tried to manually insert various plausible pathing addresses, but it makes no difference -- the mail doesn't get delivered and also disappears. In addition, Cpanel will change whatever I manually type in, so that it always has a "/." at the front, even if the resulting path is nonsensical.

What should be the right pathing, and is there some magic incantation to get it to work?

I think I've been using the folder forwarding technique for nearly a decade, so it's frustrating that its suddenly not working.

Thank you,
    Mark

cPanel Version 58.0 (build 24)
    Theme x3
    Apache Version 2.4.23
    PHP Version 5.6.23
    Architecture x86_64

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello @Markqz,

cPanel 58.0.25 includes the following resolution that should help address the issue you have described:

Fixed case CPANEL-7970: Updated save to folder filter creation.

Here is some additional information about the changes stemming from this case:

58.0.25 is published to the "Current" build tier right now, and is planned for publication to the "Release" build tier tomorrow. You can review the full change log, information on updating cPanel/WHM, and information on the build/release process at:

58 Change Log - Change Logs - cPanel Documentation
    How can I update cPanel & WHM?
    Product Versions and the Release Process - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

Also, note the X3 theme is deprecated:

It’s time to say goodbye to X3 | cPanel Blog

Thank you.