Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Global email filter to put all emails containing "[spam]" in the user's junk folder?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by LTOTH, Apr 1, 2019.

Tags:
  1. LTOTH

LTOTH Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Is there a way to create a global rule so it routes it to the user's Junk folder so I don't have to create separate rule for each and every account?

We are using SpamExperts to filter our junk mail. It flags the subject of the email that it detects as Junk with the prefix "[spam]". I created a global Email Filter that moves these emails to the Junk folder but it's moving all of the user's mail to the server's Junk folder not the individual user's Junk folder.

Thanks.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @LTOTH,

Are you able to adjust your SpamExperts configuration so that it applies “***SPAM***” to the message subject instead of "[spam]"? If so, cPanel & WHM version 80 includes a new feature to enable SpamBox by default on new cPanel account creation. You can read about it on the link below:

Enable SpamBox by default on new cPanel account creation

In particular, note the following quote:
    Version 80 is currently only available as a development version on the EDGE release tier.

Thank you.

3. LTOTH

LTOTH Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Thanks for your reply. I am open to the suggestion but I would really like the global email filter to have some sort of wildcard (e.g., *user-account+/.Junk) so it routes the mail based on the tags and to the locations that I define.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I encourage you to submit a feature request if you'd like to see something like this added to the cPanel UI.

cPanel & WHM version 80 (currently published as a development version in the EDGE release tier) offers another potential solution if SpamExperts allows you to append "+Junk" to the recipient address of filtered messages. If SpamExperts supports that, you could make use of the new plus addressing functionality quoted below from the Version 80 Release Notes and Version 80 Email Accounts documents:

Thank you.

5. LTOTH

LTOTH Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Thank you!

cPanelMichael likes this.