The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Global Filters - Deliver to Folder option

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by djdavedawson, Aug 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. djdavedawson

djdavedawson Member

Since around 8-04-16, our "account level filtering" or "global email filters" have stopped delivering mail via the "deliver to folder" option. The log file reports the following error:

R=central_filter T=address_directory: Child process of address_directory transport returned 67 (could mean user nonexistent) from command: /usr/libexec/dovecot/dovecot-lda

Upon further review, in "account level filtering" I am not able to select any user mailboxes for "deliver to folder" locations. I am experiencing this throughout all of my configurations including dedicated servers, VPS servers, paper_lantern, x3, centos 6 and 7.

Does anyone know of a fix for this?

2. cPanelNick

cPanelNick Administrator
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi djdavedawson,

It looks like your email filters didn't get converted to the new format on update to v58. Please open a ticket so we can determine how the update was aborted before /usr/local/cpanel/bin/regenerate_filters was run. If you already have a ticket open please don't re-run that command while we are working on it.

3. alfa ex

alfa ex Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    It's not possible anymore to access any folder on "deliver to folder" option on global e-mails filter?

i'm using whm 58 build 19 and had a lot of filter, now i can aly access one folder the cpanel account folder, and the cpanel create a mess of folder inside this email box

#3 alfa ex, Aug 11, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
  4. djdavedawson

djdavedawson Member

I have submitted a ticket as requested. Can I try running this -> /usr/local/cpanel/bin/regenerate_filters on one of my other servers?

5. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Two internal cases were opened to address issues with the "Deliver to Folder" option under Global Email Filters in cPanel 58:

CPANEL-7971 - Emails are delivered to the wrong directory when the "Deliver To Folder" action is configured in a global email filter with a folder location outside the directory associated with the cPanel account username.

CPANEL-7970 - Clicking "Browse" when using the "Deliver to Folder" action in "cPanel >> Email >> Global Email Filters" will only display the email folders associated with the cPanel account username.

I'll update this thread as soon as resolutions associated with these cases are released.

Thank you.

6. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

The following resolution was published with cPanel 58.0.23:

Fixed case CPANEL-7971: Handle legacy filter destinations with an extra leading dot in the domain.

You can review the full change log, information on updating cPanel/WHM, and information on the build/release process at:

58 Change Log - Change Logs - cPanel Documentation
    How can I update cPanel & WHM?
    Product Versions and the Release Process - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

Updated to add that CPANEL-7970 was included with 58.0.25:

Fixed case CPANEL-7970: Updated save to folder filter creation.

Thank you.

#6 cPanelMichael, Aug 23, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2016