gmail blocked my IP, what do I do?

Gareth-AWD

Jul 3, 2008
London, UK
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I'm currently using an alternate IP on some domains on my server as one of our customers email accounts was comprimised and then our server started sending spam to gmail.

We stopped it quickly about a month ago. However, despite filling out the gmail mail delivery error form, our IP is still blocked.

Has anyone had this issue? We're getting lots of complains from customers who can't email Gmail.

Hotmail blocked us but within 6 hours it was removed. Gmail really is a pain.

i know this isn't a Cpanel issue but would appreciate feedback.

cPanelMichael

Technical Support Community Manager
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
Hello :)

You may want to try contacting their support again to see if your request can be processed. Unfortunately, there is not much you can do if they have intentionally placed a block on your IP address due to SPAM. You may also want to double check that your RDNS and SPF records are enabled.

Thank you.

Gareth-AWD

Jul 3, 2008
London, UK
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello :)

You may want to try contacting their support again to see if your request can be processed. Unfortunately, there is not much you can do if they have intentionally placed a block on your IP address due to SPAM. You may also want to double check that your RDNS and SPF records are enabled.

Thank you.
I'm starting to hate Google. They really are getting on my nerves as this is still an issue. Appreciate it's not a cpanel issue but was wondering if any other cpanel users had the problem and resolution.

cPanelMichael

Technical Support Community Manager
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
I recommend making sure that SPF records are added for your domain names, and RDNS entries are configured for the IP addresses you are sending emails from.

Thank you.

JerryJ.

May 13, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator