Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Gmail DMARC Policy Issue

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by Bashed, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Bashed

Bashed Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    My domain has
    • DMARC
    • SPF
    • DKIM
    • rDNS
    • Clean RBL
    I still get these from various Gmail using recipients below. Please help me to fix this issue once and for all.

Code:
    <info@webrobots.io>: host aspmx.l.google.com[173.194.76.26] said: 550-5.7.1
        Unauthenticated email from domain.com is not accepted due to 550-5.7.1
        domain's DMARC policy. Please contact the administrator of 550-5.7.1
        domain.com domain if this was a legitimate mail. Please visit 550-5.7.1
        https://support.google.com/mail/answer/2451690 to learn about the 550 5.7.1
        DMARC initiative. b4-v6si7598406wru.376 - gsmtp (in reply to end of DATA
        command)

I did a test on Newsletters spam test by mail-tester.com too. 10/10 score.

2. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Bashed

Bashed Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    My first post stated clearly I have DMARC enabled.

Even a cPanel tech told me in a ticket the following...

4. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I didn't indicate that you did not have DMARC enabled, in fact based on the error from Gmail it looks like it is enabled and is being rejected due to an issue with your DMARC record. Based on that portion of the response from the ticket it looks like we were unable to identify why the email was being passed to spam, it looks to be a different issue since in that case your DMARC passed per the header information.

In the instance you're referencing above it looks like Gmail is telling you they're rejecting the mail based on the DMARC policy in place:

Code:
    Unauthenticated email from domain.com is not accepted due to domain's DMARC policy. Please contact the administrator of domain.com if this was a legitimate mail.
    I sent you the threads I did to ensure that you've got your DMARC configured properly as I am unable to see it in the forums. If you are experiencing issues with Gmail only on this I would suggest you contact Gmail directly to troubleshoot further Postmaster Tools – Google as we are not aware of their methods for determining what is and isn't accepted/rejected and especially as you've tested using mail-tester and your score was 10/10

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. rpvw

rpvw Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Set your DMARC Mail Receiver Policy to "None" (p=none)
    Add both the rua and ruf tags pointing at a working email address on the same domain as the DMARC record is for (rua=mailto:domain@example.com and ruf=mailto:domain@example.com)
    Set the reporting level to 100% and the fo tag to 1 (fo=1)

After publishing the record, you will start to get both forensic and aggregate reports by email about how hosts are interpreting the DMARC record, but they will NOT block mail based on any issues they find.

Only after you see that all the DMARC components are passing the Mail Receiver Policy, should you elect to change the p= to either quarantine or reject

Your record during the testing process should look something like :
    Code:
    v=DMARC1; p=none; fo=1; rua=mailto:domain@example.com; ruf=mailto:domain@example.com; rf=afrf; pct=100
    Change the domain@example.com to working email address on the same domain as the DMARC record is for.

Finally, you can test your DMARC record at DMARC Tools - Domain Message Authentication Reporting & Conformance Lookup - MxToolBox

cPanelLauren likes this.