The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gmail marking mail as spam

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by jasonlustig, Jun 3, 2007.

1. jasonlustig

jasonlustig Registered

Hello

Our web app has been using Exim to send its mail and for some reason, Gmail has been marking it as spam. I found the following in the Gmail raw source for the messages:

X-AntiAbuse: This header was added to track abuse, please include it with any abuse report
    X-AntiAbuse: Primary Hostname - MYSERVER.privatedns.com
    X-AntiAbuse: Original Domain - gmail.com
    X-AntiAbuse: Originator/Caller UID/GID - [47 12] / [47 12]
    X-AntiAbuse: Sender Address Domain - MYSERVER.com

Obviously I changed the name of the server for privacy. Do you know what would be causing regular mail to be marked as spam? How can we find if we are on some blacklist? Does the fact that the primary hostname and the sender address domain are different have anything to do with it?

Thanks,
    Jason

2. jasonlustig

jasonlustig Registered

Actually doing some more digging, I found that it seems that Google's SPF server is marking it as "perhaps" spam, like this:

Received-SPF: neutral (google.com: 209.172.___.___ is neither permitted nor denied by best guess record for domain of support@______.com)

Obviously our server *is* the server that is supposed to send mail for that domain, how do we get this set up appropriately? Or am I completely on the wrong trail?

Thanks
    Jason

3. eNetHosts

eNetHosts Well-Known Member

You are on the right track with SPF records. Hit search in the forums and state SPF - should come up with all that you need.

:eek: Don't be afraid of the search menu ;)

4. jayh38

jayh38 Well-Known Member