The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

God, if i want to chattr /scripts/wwwacct thats none of Cpanels business!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mr.wonderful, Mar 1, 2004.

1. mr.wonderful

mr.wonderful BANNED

I made a modification to /scripts/wwwacct and when i ran /scripts/upcp i received this dumb msg.

Support for cPanel is void due to unsupported modifcations (/scripts/wwwacct) (chattr +i)

Big deal. Dont try to control what i modify please! This is ridiculous! If i want to chattr +i anything on my own server i think i should be able to do that without being told about it. How rude is this? :rolleyes: I pay good money for Cpanel and if i want to modify something thats my business not yours!!!!

#1 mr.wonderful, Mar 1, 2004
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2004
  2. Marty

Marty Well-Known Member

If you purchase software and modify it, you also should not expect the company you purchase it from to provide you support.

Now, you might not like how they chose to inform you of what is a pretty standard policy with most software packages, but that is a different issue.

3. mr.wonderful

mr.wonderful BANNED

I modified one line in wwacct the line that sets the default email to $user to what i want. Thats no reason to send rude messages like this. Im sure there are many others who have made their own modifications and dont want those changed due to Cpanel updates. There is no reason to send rude msg to me. Thats none of anyone business what i do on my box whether i choose to chattr scripts or not! :mad:

#3 mr.wonderful, Mar 1, 2004
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2004
  4. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

Problem is, some updates require changes to that file. That's why I wrote my first WHM script, watchwwwacct, about a year ago. It works great and there are many people using it.

It'll be at www.premierwebsitesolutions.com/scripts/ by the weekend.

5. mr.wonderful

mr.wonderful BANNED

Well if thats true when i run /scripts/updatenow it will tell me that file is not writeable. Then it will be my choice to chattr -i /scripts/wwwacct when im ready to do so. I dont need anyone to tell me what i need to do. I know exactly what need to be done. I have 67 servers with 99.999 uptime and i know exactly what needs to be done. This is insane!

6. cPanelNick

cPanelNick Administrator
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    This message pretty much boils down to, if you make a change to one of the scripts that blows up your server, we aren't going to help you fix it.
    Other then that you have nothing to worry about and should just ignore the message.