The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Godaddy DNS ipaddress not resolving

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by micahmorgan1, Jun 30, 2015.

1. micahmorgan1

micahmorgan1 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have set up a VPS on godaddy with cpanel and it has been working fine when I initially had the nameservers from the registrar pointing to WHM. My IT guy though wanted to use godaddy's dns servers, so he changed the nameservers back to godaddy. I updated the A file to point to the correct ip address from the registrar, and it appears to have propogated, but the website is not being served up. Do I need to change some DNS settings in WHM to reflect the fact that cpanel is no longer the DNS server for the domain/domains in question? I apologize for being new to this.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

No, any DNS changes made on the cPanel server will have no effect on propagation if the DNS is not handled by the cPanel server. Have you ensured the domain name was pointed to the same IP address that it's assigned to in WHM?

Thank you.