The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gollum?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nommo, Nov 15, 2005.

1. nommo

nommo Member

Hey all,

We have a reseller account with a cpanel based hosting company and we want to offer gollum to complete the groupware functionality of horde.

The tech support guy says it would be 'utterly impossible' to set this up as it would have to be installed accross their many servers and he is worried that it would cause problems - especially if it stopped being supported.

What gives? Is anyone else out there running gollum as part of a cpanel solution? Is it really impossible to implement safely? Is it ever going to be part of a standard cpanel install?

Gollum would really help us stop filling up our inbox with versions of the same docs

http://www.horde.org/gollem/

Cheers

2. nerdzoll

nerdzoll Well-Known Member

Yup

Hey dude.
    I do have it running. I had so many problems with clients not able to access the 2095 port what I did was put a completly new install of horde on the system. Then you can add whatever modules you want.

The only thing is you will need to have it running on a single domain (and use redirects) or install it on each domain.
    Cheers
    Nerdzoll

3. nommo

nommo Member

cool man - thanks...

is there any chance you could give me some more info on how to install on a single domain? I know from initial conversations with the tech guy that he is not keen on thinking outside of the default cpanel 'box' - any ammo I can use to contradict his 'utterly impossible' comment would be very handy...

for example - how long did it take you, and does this affect any security upgrades to cpanel etc?

thanks again