Godcore

Dec 31, 2002
I am really frustrated. Modernbill is absolutely the most unstable and unreliable program I have tried to use since Ensim, but it is the only program I have found that has properly identified the automation needs for an Internet Host.

Does anyone know of an alternative for ModernBill that fully handles billing, account creation, domain registration, and fraud prevention?

I've checked out whmautopilot, client exec, lpanel, etc... most of them seem to be far superior in the stability department, but they are all lacking for features.

Someone is throwing away a fortune here. If I had the time, I could definitely design a better program, and the first person to get it right is going to be set.

RAIS2

Jul 16, 2004
WHM.AutoPilot

Well I can say that each webhost has different needs as far as billing solutions go, but my choice is AP, currently v2 is missing some features, some of which I could really use. But still overall it does a good job.

Also to note: WHM.AutoPilot is nearing completion of v3, and approx. March 20, 2005 there should be a Beta version that will be distributed.

xwing777

Oct 25, 2003
I have tried several but the best ive used is drams http://www.dramsystem.com as it supports domains, servers, hosting and just about anything else such as templates, custom work etc...

It can be setup for as much automation as you want too.

Chew

Dec 31, 2003
Maryland
I as well utilize WHMAP.
I'm very VERY excited about some of the new features in V3, however one thing that was lacking in 2 was the trouble ticketing system, so I decided to get a perldesk license and modified WHMAP to create a perldesk account upon sucessful creation of a hosting package.

Chew

gorilla

Feb 3, 2004
Sydney / Australia
Have been using WHMap for over a year and am a very satisfied customer, have tryed lpanel (really buggy ) and Modernbilling ( very bloated) and definatly couldnt find an alternative.
Wanted to check out ubersmith and signed up for the demo and gotta say , i am very impressed with it. Am considering giving it a trial run , but for the moment good old WHMap and their great support is unbeatable ! :D

just my 2 cents worth ;)

Chew

Dec 31, 2003
Maryland
just checked out ubersmith.

While nice, it is way too expensive.
I'm happy with whmap and my perldesk modification.
And with v3 coming soon, I'm sure I'll be even happier.

Chew

gorilla

Feb 3, 2004
Sydney / Australia
Chew said:
just checked out ubersmith.

While nice, it is way too expensive.
I'm happy with whmap and my perldesk modification.
And with v3 coming soon, I'm sure I'll be even happier.

Chew
Yes, agree, the pricetag is making me hesitant aswell , especially when the features cover the same as WHMap :D

digitard

Aug 13, 2004
You can try out WHMAP right now for a $1 for your first leased month. Give it a shot. I have and love it!

RAIS2

Jul 16, 2004
Use it to the full extent

digitard said:
You can try out WHMAP right now for a $1 for your first leased month. Give it a shot. I have and love it!
The best way to use their best offerings.

1) Use the 21 Day Trial, then
2) Upgrade to leased, with first month for $1.00

Thats like 51 Days for $1.00 ;)

Also v3 Beta has been pushed back until near the end of March :(

kistler

Jan 27, 2005
I have been using www.orderplus.net script, V3 is new and I havent really seen any huge issues. everything seems good and more awsome updats are coming out. I'll get to beta test them hehe.

Like auto install updats ;) shh I didn't say that

kistler

Jan 27, 2005
Is that bad, do you think? I mean I haven’t seen any wholes in the script. anyway can WHMap go with a reseller account, and does it have a rollover bandwidth add-on? I thought I seen something like that idk. I am also looking for a bandwidth rollover for a reseller account.

revoshift

Jun 6, 2003
hey im developing a billing system which is far more advanced than any i have seen, currently i am developing the client side which is for admins to use the database through a piece of software but it would then be pretty simple for a php script to be developed that runs on top of the mysql database that my system uses. This would take usability to the next level