The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good (Remote) Backup Additional Destination?

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by lewis-teck, Aug 22, 2016.

1. lewis-teck

lewis-teck Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    In short, I'm currently only backing up to my default /backup directory, and I need to start thinking about contingency as one of my projects gets a bit more serious. Currently it's only my own and family/friend websites; it's not a web hosting business, I do not have any billing software and everything is done/managed by myself.

I noticed a thread about the best backup solution however that focuses on a solution for clients that they can attain via billing software; for me, I'm not looking for a fully fledged backup solution; I am content with what cPanel offers, but I am just looking for somewhere to send the files outside of my server... could be as simple as an FTP storage solution.

I would love to hear anyone's recommendations for a service that is affordable, easy to setup/doesn't require any installations on the server and is simply usable as an Additional Destination in cPanel's integrated backup solution.

Thanks!

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

You may want to look into Amazon S3 as a remote storage solution:

Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3) - Cloud Storage

It's natively supported as a backup destination in the Backup Configuration interface.

Thank you.