Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Google Apps and Email on the same domain?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by Payal patel, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Payal patel

Payal patel Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

Is there anyone right there who already encounter this issue?

I have email address created on my Google Apps and also i have another email addresses who are created on our inmotion,

after updating mx records and changing email routing from localhost to remote mail exchanging.

after performing some mail testing i send an email from google apps to inmotion the same domain name different email account I encounter Mail delivery Delivery failure it indicate no such user,

The response was:
    The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or unnecessary spaces. Learn more at Fix bounced or rejected emails - Gmail Help p65-v6sor393292wrc.66 - gsmtp

any helps is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
    Payal

2. Tarak Nath

Tarak Nath Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Which MX record you updated ? Is it Google's MX record or Inmotion's MX record ?

Note that DNS propagation process will take maximum of 12 to 72 hours of time for fully propagating the global DNS network.

You can verify your MX record using many online tools like MX Lookup Tool - Check your DNS MX Records online - MxToolbox

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @Payal patel,

You can't use both the cPanel server and Google Apps to host different email accounts at the same time. You'd need to either create all email accounts with Google Apps, or create all email accounts with cPanel & WHM. Ensure to set the MX records for the domain name to point to the email server you decide to use.

Thank you.