The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Google Apps mail problem

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by cellarmedia, Nov 28, 2009.

1. cellarmedia

cellarmedia Registered

Hey all, I'm having trouble with getting Google Apps mail to work on cPanel. I've changed the MX Records to what Google suggests:

1. Log in to your cPanel account.
    2. Click Mail.
    3. Click Modify Mail Exchanger (MX Entry). A list of your current MX records will appear.
    4. Click Change an MX Entry.
    5. In the Change MX for... field, enter ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM.
    6. Click Change.

I've inserted "ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM." with and without the period AND in upper case and lower case. I've also done the general instructions for any server:

For each MX record, enter information according to the entries in the following table.

You may not be allowed to enter the priority values exactly as they appear in the table below; in that case, simply ensure that the server addresses are prioritized in the same order as they appear in the table. (i.e. The priority ranking [1, 3, 3, 5, 5, 5, 5] should work just as well as [1, 5, 5, 10, 10, 10, 10] so long as you keep the addresses in the right order.)

If you're asked to specify the type of each record you're adding, enter "MX".

MX records often require the specific format of DNS records, including a trailing dot (".") at the end of any full-qualified domain names (e.g. "server.example.com.")

Set any TTL values to the maximum allowed.
    MX Server address Priority
    ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM. 10
    ALT1.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM. 20
    ALT2.ASPMX.L.GOOGLE.COM. 20
    ASPMX2.GOOGLEMAIL.COM. 30
    ASPMX3.GOOGLEMAIL.COM. 30
    ASPMX4.GOOGLEMAIL.COM. 30
    ASPMX5.GOOGLEMAIL.COM. 30​

Both don't work. What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions?

Here's a screen shot: Skitch.com > blickmjon > cPanel X

2. thewebhostingdi

thewebhostingdi Well-Known Member

Please make sure that you have added the CNAME record of mail to ghs.google.com. in your DNS configuration editor. If you have not added then kindly add it and have a try.

3. InstaCarma_Tech

InstaCarma_Tech Well-Known Member

Once the MX records and the CNAME record for 'mail' is set as suggested above, also check whether the domain has been removed from the file /etc/localdomains and added to /etc/remotedomains

4. simon_joseph

simon_joseph Registered

/scripts/checkalldomainsmx command should fix this issue.

If will make the domains point to remote email server to move to /etc/remotedomais.

You can move your accounts to a better host like kvchosting where they take care of issues anytime of the day.

5. IberoMedia

IberoMedia Registered

Thank you thewebhostingdi

I was having the same problem as cellarMedia and your suggestion solved my problem.

:)
    Thank you