- Aug 8, 2016
- cPanel Access Level
- Reseller Owner
I have managed to get the system working on split delivery.
For anyone wanting to achieve split delivery with Google Apps and cPanel on a shared hosting rnviroment, these are the steps:
1. root domain (domain.com) must have MX records pointing to Google's MX servers;
2. there must be a subdomain CNAME (gapps.domain.com) as alias of root domain (domain.com), this will be used to deliver mail sent through cPanel or its SMTP;
3. there must be another subdomain CNAME (cp.domain.com) as alias to the cPanel hosting server (in my case, HostGator's server br###.hostgator.com.br, masked for example purposes);
4. Google Apps Split Delivery must be correctly configured (Configure split delivery - Google Apps Administrator Help), with the subdomain described in step #3 as the destination (step 7 on this page);
5. on cPanel, use Local Server as the setting on the MX Records page for the root domain;
6. on cPanel, set a Domain Forwarder with "from: domain.com" and "to: gapps.domain.com";
7. on Google Apps, set a default route to change envelope recipient of all mail that corresponds to the REGEXP "\[email protected]" with the "Replace Recipient" setting, set to the "[email protected]" option.
These are the steps I took to manage the desired outcome of split delivery without having users on the cPanel side that can't reach the users on the Google Apps side.
If anyone have any questions feel free to ask for help.
Olá Lucas, poderia me ajudar a configurar uma entrega divida. Estou tendo problemas já que o Google não consegue entregar para meu servidor, devido a falta de autenticação SMTP.
Se puder me contactar, ficarei grato.
Last edited by a moderator: