ImperialTrader

Aug 31, 2014
Egypt
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I would like to backup all my accounts to another destination (Google Drive)

I read your document but it seems to be outdated:

I found an updated one here:

I did all the steps but unfortunately I still get an error when I try to validate the destination (Find the attached screenshot from the error)
Also there is a button called (Create Credentials) which is navigate to a wrong and not exist URL (Find the attached screenshot)

Attachments

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hello,

I've just recently used those instructions to set up a google backup destination without an issue, the error you're receiving appears to be related to having not implemented the client secret properly. What URL doesn't exist? You note that there's a screenshot of this but I don't see one attached.

ImperialTrader

Aug 31, 2014
Egypt
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

I've just recently used those instructions to set up a google backup destination without an issue, the error you're receiving appears to be related to having not implemented the client secret properly. What URL doesn't exist? You note that there's a screenshot of this but I don't see one attached.
When I click on "Generate Credentials" button, it opens this invalid URL in the screenshot.

Attachments

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Interesting, I've just done this and I'm not able to replicate that error. Can you please open a ticket using the link in my signature? Once open please reply with the Ticket ID here so that we can update this thread with the resolution once the ticket is resolved.

Thanks!

ImperialTrader

Aug 31, 2014
Egypt
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Interesting, I've just done this and I'm not able to replicate that error. Can you please open a ticket using the link in my signature? Once open please reply with the Ticket ID here so that we can update this thread with the resolution once the ticket is resolved.
Thanks!
Ok, I created a support ticket: 93438339

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Glad to hear that, I see they gave you a simplified set of instructions - though the changes are minimal was it the changes to the oauth permissions that were the issue?

The steps provided were as follows:
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
1) Visit Google Cloud Platform
2) Click OAuth consent screen from the left-side navigation screen.
3) Enter the domain name in the Authorized domains section and hit the ENTER key.
4) Click Save
5) Click Library from the left-hand side
6) Find the Google Drive API and click on it
7) Click on Create Project (or ENABLE if you already have one), Click Manage if already enabled.
8) Click Credentials in the left-side navigation bar
9) Click Create credentials drop-down button at the top and select OAuth client ID
10) Select Web Application
11) Enter a name (WHM to Google)
12) In the Authorized redirect URIs text box, enter the https://hostname:2087/googledriveauth/callback link, where hostname means server’s hostname
13) Click Create. The interface will display your new client ID and client secret
14) Click Done
15) Log in to WHM as a root-enabled user
16) Navigate to WHM => Backup => Backup Configuration) and select the Additional Destinations tab
17) Select Google Drive from the Destination Type menu
18) Click Create new destination
19) Enter a destination name of your choice
20) Enter your client ID and client secret
21) Click Generate Credentials to generate the credentials file. A new tab will open to allow you to authorize access to your Google Drive data

NOTE: Step 21 will fail if you DO NOT COMPLETE Step 2

22) Enter the desired timeout
23) Click Save and Validate
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

360webfirm

Oct 5, 2016
Ottawa
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

When I click on
2) Click OAuth consent screen from the left-side navigation screen. THEN below does not seem right to me?
3) Enter the domain name in the Authorized domains section and hit the ENTER key. ( I do not see this screen? Please see image attached ) am I doing something wrong here?

Attachments