Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Google Drive Incremental Backup?

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by Silas Silva, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Silas Silva

Silas Silva Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    In the new 66 version of cPanel the Google drive Remote backup works with incremental option or only with compression/uncompressed option?

In case I use Google Drive backup option and I have 100GB of size to backup. Do I needed this hdd size or the cPanel will backupking accounts > moving > deleting?

or

Backup all accounts > moving to google drive > delete from server

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

As of cPanel version 66, remote incremental backups are only supported with the rsync destination type. None of the other backup types (e.g. Amazon S3, Google Drive) support remote incremental backups at this time. You can read more about the Google Drive remote destination at:

Google Drive - Version 66 Documentation - cPanel Documentation

As far as the remote backup process, backup archives for each account are first generated on the cPanel server and individually queued for transport to the remote destination. The archives are not pruned from the cPanel server until the transport succeeds. Thus, it's possible for multiple archives to exist on the cPanel server if they generate faster than the transportation process. I encourage you to vote for the following feature request if you'd like to see an option to only process one account at a time:

Remote FTP in the new backup system should pack and upload one file at a time

Thank you.