Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Google Validation for Transport Error

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by Dezdan, Apr 6, 2018.

1. Dezdan

Dezdan Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Two days ago I started receiving the following error message:

"Error: Validation for transport “accountname” failed: Could not create path directory “/accountname/”: Token refresh failed at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/524/lib64/perl5/cpanel_lib/OAuth/Cmdline.pm line 83"

I went to Google API and updated my Client secret just to be sure something hadn't transpired, and that was of no help as when I go to "Generate Credentials", I allow via google and then I get the following error message:

"Google returned with the following error: 500 Can't connect to accounts.google.com:443 (No route to host) - Can't connect to accounts.google.com:443 (No route to host)

LWP::Protocol::https::Socket: connect: No route to host at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/perl/524/lib64/perl5/cpanel_lib/LWP/Protocol/http.pm line 46."

Everything was working fine prior, any ideas?

2. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @Dezdan

This issue looks specific to a connectivity issue with google drive, in a lot of instances I've seen this as an issue with IPv6. If IPv6 is configured on your server can you please disable it and let me know if the issue persists?

To disable IPv6 from your server, I recommend the following steps:

1. WHM 'Home >> IP Functions >> Assign IPv6 Address' (Assign IPv6 Address - Version 66 Documentation - cPanel Documentation) - ensure that IPv6 is disabled for every individual account on the server

2. WHM 'Home >> IP Functions >> IPv6 Ranges' (IPv6 Ranges - Version 66 Documentation - cPanel Documentation) - remove all IPv6 ranges from the server

3. Follow the instructions in the following link to disable IPv6 from the server: Guide to IPv6 - IPv6 Server Administration - Version 68 Documentation - cPanel Documentation

=====
    To disable IPv6 on your server, run the following command: echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/all/disable_ipv6
    =====

Thank you,

3. Dezdan

Dezdan Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi Lauren,

Unfortunately, there is one IPv6 address shown here and the 'Delete Range' button is greyed out. Can I safely proceed with running the disable command via SSH?

IPv6.jpg

4. cPanelLauren

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @Dezdan

The only reason I can think of that it would remain greyed out is if there was still accounts that had it enabled. Can you confirm that all accounts have IPv6 disabled? You can see this at WHM>>IP Functions>>Assign IPv6 Address accounts with it enabled will have ENABLED in bold next to the account

5. Dezdan

Dezdan Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Yes, I can 100% confirm that all accounts have IPv6 disabled. I just triple checked.

6. cPanelLauren

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hello,

If you're certain no sites are currently using IPv6 you can try to disable it with the command provided. Please let us know the outcome.

Thank you,