The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got a new domain and its already in use? [moved]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gravityclan, Feb 22, 2006.

1. gravityclan

gravityclan Member

Got a new domain and its already in use?

Hey

I was using a Domain www.gravityclan.co.uk

It was fine until this afternoon in which the domain wouldnt work, but the site I bought it from said it was fine. Now It has dissapeared in Cpanel and when I try adding it I get the following error message:

I am paying for this domain, so who else has it?

Thanks for your help

Jason

2. fikse

fikse Well-Known Member

do you have reseller accounts setup? sounds like the account is still there but owned by another reseller user.....

3. gravityclan

gravityclan Member

Sorry, but whats a reseller account?

I dont see how it would be owned by somebody else, as my gaming clan only has one site.

Is there an actuall way of checking to see who has the domain?

4. gravityclan

gravityclan Member

After 24 hours and it still says that someone else is using my domain. Yet http://www.gravityclan.co.uk goes nowhere. I have this for 2 years minimum and I have already paid for it, so I dont want to lose it since I have only had it for a week.

Why is Cpanel saying someone else has it?
    I found out something today. Someone removed it, then tried adding it again, but they had the same error a few seconds after.

Is there a way I can reset it or somehow get it back, as I know someone else dosent have it (They would have needed to take it in under 10 seconds) .

I am using UK REG for my domain www.ukreg.com

Thanks for your help

(sorry for double post)

5. Lyttek

Lyttek Well-Known Member

I have a suspicion we're on the wrong track. First off, *where* and/or *how* are you trying to add the domain? If you're saying 'add on domain' in cPanel, as opposed to adding a domain within WHM.. well, you can't add a domain on top of itself, which is why the error occurs.

After looking at http://www.dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=gravityclan.co.uk

Plenty of errors. It's looking like the account is completely corrupted.

I assume you've been in contact with beyondhost.net? (assuming they're your webhost)

6. gravityclan

gravityclan Member

Sorry, I havnt replied.

Yes, I have been in contact with byondspeed.com and they said change the name servers to blank for a day, and then change them back. But today I found out they are closing down so hopefully any problems byondspeed are making with domain wont exist no more.

But when I say add it, I mean going into the Parked Domains, and adding it to the list. But thats where I get the error message.

7. Murtaza_t

Murtaza_t Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Are you the Administrator of the server and do you have root access ? If not then you should ask your host and get help from them.